1445 ConfReportControl and a fixed ReportSettings
Created: 08 Oct 2015
Status: In Force (green)
Part: Part 6 (2009-12; Edition 2)
Page: table 11
Category: Issue may impact interoperability of implementations of Edition 2
During the IOP test (SCL_ABB_ALSTOM.doc) it was not clear how the SCT should handle an ICD file with conflicting capabilities: ConfReportControl is present and one of the ReportSettings is fixed (e.g. cbName, datSet). In case the SCT adds a report control block it does not know what the fixed value should be.
We see 3 possible solutions:
1) the ConfReportControl dominates over ReportSettings
2) the ReportSettings dominates the ConfReportControl
3) such combination of capabilities is not allowed and shall be prohibited (fail the server conformance test)
The same issue applies also to GOOSE, SV and LOG control blocks control blocks.
Option 3) a combination of ConfReportControl and a fixed ReportSettings shall be prohibited (the ConfReportControl shall be removed)
Same for GOOSE, SV and LOG control blocks.
Consequences of setting the TISSUE to IntOp2:
- ICT shall expose the limitations correctly.
- SCT shall handle those appropriately.
This implies that SCT will be more restrictive for IxDs from ICTs not implementing this TISSUE.
|23 Feb 16
||In Force (green)
Set to IntOp2 according to WG10 decision in Cathedral City.
||23 Feb 16
||In Force (green)
The same concept applies to GoCB, SMVCB, and LCBs:
- if any attribute of GSESettings is "Fix" => SCT may not remove/add any GoCB. GOOSE.max must be equal to the number of GoCBs in the ICD/IID file.
- if any attribute of SMVSettings is "Fix" => SCT may not remove/add any SMVCB. SMVsc.max must be equal to the number of SMVCBs in the ICD/IID file.
- if any attribute of LogSettings is "Fix" => SCT may not remove/add any LCB. ConfLogControl.max must be equal to the number of LCBs in the ICD/IID file.
|05 Nov 15
It will be clarified that if any of the ReportSettings is Fix, then a removal of RCBs is not allowed. Further, to avoid misinterpretations,
ConfReportControl.max must match the number of preconfigured RCBs, if none shall be removable and ConfReportControl is stated (e.g. to allow change of bufMode).
If RCBs may be dynamically created (and removed), a value of Fix in ReportSettings is not allowed.
|04 Nov 15
Privacy | Contact | Disclaimer
Tissue DB v. 22.214.171.124